Landlord & Tenant
Our property team deal with all aspects of commercial and residential landlord and tenant issues.
We aim to build a good working relationship with our landlord clients to give a trusted approach to the management of your commercial property portfolio. We are happy to work with a landlord’s surveyor or property manager, and by involving us at the early stages we can help identify potential problems and achieve pragmatic solutions.
Additionally, if you are a tenant who is thinking of renting a business property, or you are already in a lease which you want to leave, renew or alter in some way, we can help.
If you have a commercial property we can help you with:
- preparing or approving commercial leases for landlords and tenants
- negotiating and advising on terms
- rent reviews
- termination procedures and notices
- lease renewals
- sub-letting and assignments on sale
- licences to do alterations
- licences to sublet or assign whether you are a landlord or tenant.
Being a landlord of residential property brings its own particular challenges. If you have a residential property we can help you with:
- advising on, and preparing tenancy agreements
- dealing with problems that may arise during a tenancy
- preparing notices to terminate a tenancy
- dealing with the residential possession process through the County Court
- advising in relation to issues of repair and recovery of rent arrears.
We are committed to providing you with professional and informed advice, and we regularly publish e-briefings on issues relating to commercial and residential property. If you would like to be added to our mailing list to receive them please contact us.
When it comes to talking about landlord and tenant, we are good listeners, so let's talk.